Website Intermountain Healthcare
The Ultrasound Tech provides excellent customer service by performing ultrasound examinations under the direction of a physician for identification of abnormalities leading to patient diagnosis.
- 7 on/7 off
- Ensures proper patient identification, verifies orders, and prepares patients for exams.
- Uses proper imaging techniques to ensure timely, safe, and high quality diagnostic exams.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform any exam on all ages of patients (neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics) using appropriate protocol and following ACR guidelines.
- Demonstrates proficiency on all clinical equipment within the department.
- Completes and annotates a medically acceptable exam, following ACR guidelines while producing the maximum diagnostic information in a minimal amount of time.
- Follows appropriate protocol for medical necessity, coding and charging, obtaining consents if necessary, documenting any events that may occur, for quality, maintaining a current QC program for ACR and reporting any equipment failures or problems.
- Exhibits good safety practices in body substance protection, cleaning of equipment, using proper sterile techniques, and removing any expired materials.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- ARRT Registry or ARDMS Registry. The ARDMS must include successful completion of one registry pertinent to the department beyond physics (options include OB, abdominal, neuro, breast, and, vascular).
- Basic life support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- Ultrasound experience.
Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Standing.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
$36.18 – $55.83
We care about your well-being – mind, body, and spirit – which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our Idaho, Nevada, and Utah based caregivers , and for our Colorado, Montana, and Kansas based caregivers our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion .
To apply for this job please visit intermountainhealthcare.org.