Website Zwanger & Pesiri Radiology Group
Zwanger-Pesiri Radiology is looking for Ultrasound Technologists for our Nassau and Brooklyn/Queens offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greets patients, visitors and employees in a professional and courteous manner. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties, providing explanations of the examination, and answering patient questions.
- Verifies patient identity and exam to be provided in accordance with current policies.
- Reviews prescriptions, patient history, and prior exams for pertinent clinical information. Takes and records in RIS a thorough and accurate patient medical history.
- Ability to diagnose findings and create detailed write-ups of those findings. Must have the knowledge to measure findings in 3 planes to determine size of pathologies.
- Determining what would be the appropriate windows in which to find pathologies and optimizing those images and determining when something should be made urgent.
- Operate ultrasound equipment while keeping hands steady to produce and record images of motion, shape, and composition of blood, organs, or bodily masses, such as fluid accumulations.
- Create images necessary for the requested procedures, rejecting and repeating work that does not meet established standards.
- Familiar with, Phillips IU22, Samsung A30, Siemens Sequoia, Siemens S2000, Supersonic.
- Familiarity and willingness to be crossed trained in Special procedures such as ECHOS, RCDS, ICAEL as well as biopsies and MSK procedures.
- Maintains on-going awareness of patients’ needs while performing procedure which requires physical contact, i.e., gentle positioning of patient, providing blanket for warmth and modesty, and reassure patient during procedure.
- Keeps patient apprised of progress of exam. Responds to inquiries politely and promptly.
- Transfers images to PACS or other workstations for post-processing and proper archiving of studies.
- Maintains supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed supplies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulation.
- Assures that sterile or non-sterile supplies are present and in working order or requisition materials.
- Effectively coordinates patient schedule with clerical personnel, tech assistants, and other technologist to maintain throughput and achieve productivity goals
- Provide assistance with such tasks as dressing and changing to seriously ill, injured, or disabled patients.
- Adheres to establish infection control and sharps disposal policy and procedures.
- Communicating with Doctors about findings and taking add images if needed.
- Refers matters outside scope of own duties to appropriate others as necessary keeping patients and others informed as needed.
- Develop or otherwise produce film records of radiographic images.
To apply for this job please visit zwangerpesiri.isolvedhire.com.