Website Natividad Medical Center
Natividad Medical Center is a public hospital located in Salinas, California, and is affiliated with the University of California San Francisco. The hospital provides comprehensive healthcare services to residents of Monterey County and the surrounding areas, with a focus on providing high-quality, compassionate care to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay. Natividad Medical Center's services include emergency care, maternity and newborn care, surgery, imaging, and primary care, among others.
Natividad is currently accepting applications for Radiologic Technologist-Mammography positions. This incumbent performs various diagnostic imaging examinations of patients as ordered by physicians for diagnostic and treatment purposes and performs other related duties as assigned. (Natividad may offer up to a $15,000 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position). Exam#23/50R21/03SS.
Examples of Duties
- Prepare and position patients for a variety of diagnostic and/or therapeutic x-ray procedures
- Determine the correct exposure factors on the basis of height, weight, portion of the body involved, and degree of penetration required
- Select appropriate hoods, cones and screens to reduce secondary radiation and fogging
- Set machine controls and exposes the required number and types of films
- Develops and processes exposed x-ray film using automated systems; manually develop films if required
- Utilize a variety of computerized and manual systems to set up/perform examinations and maintain information
- Record patient information, patient identification numbers, and the number/type of views taken
- Maintain logs and work-related statistics; assist with maintaining files of x-ray films and other hard copy items
- Helps clean and maintain diagnostic imaging equipment; provides input to management regarding the need for new equipment and supplies
- Participates in the implementation of effective quality control and quality assurance processes
- Maintain equipment logs and follow department reporting procedures
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and certified by the California Department of Public Health as a Radiologic Technologist. (Please ensure the name on your license/certification either matches the name on your application or is indicated somewhere on your application, as all licenses/certifications will be verified via primary source.)
Certification in Mammography issued by the Radiologic Health Branch of the State of California (RHB) is highly desired.
One year of experience performing diagnostic imaging examinations in an acute care hospital setting is preferred. Experience must have required the performance of standard x-ray procedures. Some familiarity with bone density, MRI, and mammography procedures is desirable.
Will have proven track record demonstrating the following:
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Basic theories and principles pertaining to a wide variety of diagnostic imaging procedures including x-ray, bone density, computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and/or mammography procedures; standard methods and techniques pertaining to x-ray procedures; the operation and care of standard radiology equipment and the methods of positioning patients for examinations; medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology necessary to perform diagnostic imaging procedures; routine functions and activities of an acute care hospital diagnostic imaging unit, including standard procedures, materials and equipment; and safety requirements of a hospital diagnostic imaging unit, including the appropriate use of universal precautions.
- Methods of explaining diagnostic imaging procedures to patients and providing customer service in a health care environment; basic hospital and nursing care procedures; the operation and care of radiographic equipment; structural and organic anatomy; and the principles and methods of x-ray film processing and development
Skills and Ability to:
- Perform a wide variety of standard x-ray procedures; position patients for a variety of diagnostic imaging examinations and procedures; operate and maintain standard x-ray and related diagnostic imaging equipment; maintain safe working conditions by complying with established safety policies and procedures; communicate effectively with patients, physicians, and other medical professionals; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; prepare reports and other written communications; and provide sensitive and competent service to customers who may be anxious or in substantial distress.
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays; and work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
1. APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of, the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M – F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
2. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant’s answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process
3. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants’ possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
4. ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary range is $45.676 – $62.384 per hour and you will not be eligible for the benefits.
(Natividad may offer up to a $15,000 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position).
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.